Rules for the Students of the Albert H. Small Normandy Institute
As a member of the Albert H. Small Normandy Institute, you are expected to abide by the following rules and regulations:
- Complete all of the assignments on time to the best of your ability.
- Make three presentations about your soldier and the Institute to groups in your community after returning home and to tell the Institute Staff about those presentations (and provide photos if possible).
- At all times be respectful to all members and staff of the Institute and to those you encounter in your travels – you are representatives of the Institute, your school, community, and the United States of America.
- Be on time to all events and dress appropriately for the occasion.
- Be positive and flexible.
- Students are expected to remain with teachers and Institute staff in Washington, DC and in France.
- Follow ALL reasonable requests by ANY adult in the Institute.
- No alcohol, drugs, or tobacco or other smoking products are to be possessed or consumed at any point during the Institute. The US drinking age is in effect through the trip; students are not allowed to purchase, drink, or transport these substances at any time.
- Phones may be used during the trip at appropriate times, but should not be used during presentations, discussions, or while touring a site or museum.
- Take advantage of this opportunity! Take pictures, ask questions, engage in every session and tour. Learn as much as you can. ENJOY YOURSELF!
- Provide the Institute with updated contact information following the end of the trip to remain in contact as part of the alumni group.